[pianotech] Baldwin hammers

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Sep 10 08:35:08 MDT 2012

Wim
 As I understood it at the time in the early 1980s they/Baldwin were making there own hammers in house. It looked like Bacon felt co felt.  They were really workable hammers which usually meant nice outer layer tension and good inner compression. Just good felt pressed right. They didn't need much voicing either.
 Perhaps its a combination of tension and poor glue or glue that jsut can't handle the tropical climate.
  What vintage are these pianos/hammer?
Ask Del, I don't recall his tenure there

Dale Erwin R.P.T.
Erwin's Piano Restoration Inc.
 Mason & Hamlin/Steinway/U.S. pianos
www.Erwinspiano.com