[pianotech] Thermoworks hygrometers, etc.

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Sun Sep 9 18:44:25 MDT 2012

Rob -
I didn't mean what I think you thought I meant.  I should have said
"...even if they didn't work".  I did not mean to question the
quality of the unit in any way, as I've never seen them.  That my
deepest-most sense of cosmic order might be in turmoil to consider
that I could get, for $25, what I paid 8 times as much for, is
something I'll have to work out with management.

The rest of what I said I think is relatively accurate and straight
forward.  I agree with you (and RonN) that there is limited value in
absolute accuracy, however, as Ron did point out, consistency and
repeatability is important.  The challenge, with any such device, is
to be able to verify its level of accuracy on an on-going
basis.   Also, it makes a difference to me to know, even with a
certain percentage less accuracy, whether the gauge wants to tell me
19% or 7%.

Again, thanks for the info.

David Skolnik