[pianotech] Idea for journal page, (Ed?)

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 10:37:06 MDT 2012

You have to look at them straight in the eye, be totally honest, and gentle but firm with them. (If anything will work, that will. ) Around here, I get comments like "My mother bought her piano in 1940 and it's still in tune!" and you need to let them know that such is not possible, that they've only gotten used to how it sounds, and that they'll be amazed by the difference when you're done! Customers need to know that you know more about this subject than they do, without your sounding "snobby". Showing an interest in THEIR line of work ( while perhaps admitting that you know relatively little about it) helps tremendously.

Thumpe