[pianotech] Aluminum action rail(s)

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Sep 8 17:30:16 MDT 2012

I'm looking for a junk aluminum action rail or two, upright or grand,
for some repair experiments and a possible Journal article - perhaps a
repair service. Meanwhile, does anyone know what the material and temper
is likely to be in these things? Are they 2024, 4045, 6063, 7075? Seems
like a 6063 T4 ought to be a suitable mix of corrosion resistance and
hardness, but I don't really have a clue what is actually used. In any
case, I need a sample I can destroy in experiment without hurting
anything important.

Email me privately with a price and we'll talk. Thanks.

rnossaman at cox.net
Ron N