[pianotech] Dampp-Chaser systems - was Tacoma...

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Sat Sep 8 00:12:04 MDT 2012

I did find a dampp-chaser system under a Steinway M once, with one of
the older humidistats.

It had two identical drying rods (no bucket). One was plugged into the
"dehumidifier" side, and the other was
plugged into the "humidifier" side. Perfect steady-state was achieved.

But hey! He hadn't needed to buy a cube-tap!

Susan