[pianotech] Tacoma, WA

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Fri Sep 7 09:37:15 MDT 2012

Our summers in the Willamette Valley are less rainy than the other
seasons, but certainly not dry as a bone. Also, in the last few years
we've been getting far more rain in the summer than previously. This
June was practically wet.

This August the rains truly stopped and we've had a few hot days.
However, with the house wide open much of the day, my humidity gauge
reads consistently over 60%. This morning, after several mostly sunny
weeks and no rain at all, the humidity gauge reads 65%.

It's not just what the climate at a particular place IS, it's also what
the climate is becoming. Personally, I'm glad that climate change seems
to increase rather than decrease our rains here. I far prefer that to so
much of the country, with tinder dryness, incendiary heat, and wild
fires. Actually, on a science program way back in the 80's, I saw a map
of the US showing what a climate model for warming predicted. The
Northwest was the only place getting wetter and cooler instead of hotter
and drier. I'm starting to think that the climate model may actually
have been right.

Susan Kline