[pianotech] Who would like to restore a 57" Knabe upright "to the max"?

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 08:43:02 MDT 2012

Dear List,
     I have a (famous ragtime pianist) friend who is interested in having a spectacular, "Eastlake", 3 bridge,
1893 Knabe upright restored utterly and completely "to the max" . (Because where this pianist is moving, the Steinway "B" currently owned won't fit; and I know this model to be the closest thing I've ever heard to one, for an upright, in tone and hugeness of "bass". Also, several techs called this model "the greatest upright piano ever built", on this list, a few years back.)

     As I am busy writing a book, and don't have extensive redesign and soundboard installation experience, I am fielding proposals for this work. Please email me privately, with a description of how you would approach it,
if you are interested.

Thumpe