[pianotech] Square Grand Hammer Shanks

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu May 31 18:51:42 MDT 2012

Hello Patrick - I am working on an 1867 S&S square grand currently and may well be facing the same situation. I will be replacing shanks. I hadn't measured length or diameter yet, though I've been told that spinet shanks are the same diameter. Disappointing to hear that standard spinet shanks are not long enough. I'll have to measure and start the head scratching perhaps.

Keep in touch and let's figure out a solution.

Terry Farrell
Farrell Piano Service, Inc.