[pianotech] re-fabricating a failed soundboard

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Mon May 28 16:57:46 MDT 2012

It's the same thing that caused the soundboard panel to fail in the first
place. It's what I wrote about in a series of articles in the PT Journal
back in the 1990s. The wood technology involved is available in numerous
reference works that are readily available--one of the best of these, "The
Wood Handbook," as a free download from the U.S. Forest Products Lab. It's
been the subject by several contributors as part of numerous threads and
topics on this forum. It's been the subject of numerous conference and
convention classes by several different instructors including, among others,
myself and Ron N. It will be part of at least one technical presentation at
the coming PTG Annual Convention in Bellingham, Washington. I'm not sure
just how much more can be done to make this phenomena understood.

Regards,

ddf

Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Design & Fabrication
6939 Foothill Court SW, Olympia, Washington 98512 USA
Phone  360.515.0119 — Cell  360.388.6525
del at fandrichpiano.comddfandrich at gmail.com