[pianotech] David Love--Centering the bridge--was S&S something er other

mike.spalding1 at frontier.com mike.spalding1 at frontier.com
Thu May 24 06:00:47 MDT 2012

And it may be that bridge location relative to centerline is nowhere near as important as bridge location relative to soundboard edge (and, of course, the stiffness of that edge).  Think of the tonal effect of a bass bridge too close to the rim, or of floating the soundboard at the bass bridge, or a treble bridge too close to the belly rail.