[pianotech] Cleaning very old plate

Debbie Legg pianolady88 at verizon.net
Tue May 22 07:47:47 MDT 2012

Hi Terry,

Artistry is not as difficult as you might think!  I redecorated a very
elaborately painted square grand plate several years ago (for a
well-known Clearwater tech!).  Take loads of pics with many close-ups,
make some notes on dimensions, buy Testors black enamel in bottles and
pens of various point sizes.  Buy lots of good artist sables. Don't
forget the brilliant gold if used in the original design.  I think we
may have clear-coated the plate so that I could quickly wipe off
mistakes if and when they happened...I really don't remember.  The key
is to not worry too much about exactly duplicating the original.

I'd lend a hand but my fee would be exorbitant considering current
distance and all!

Debbie Legg