[pianotech] phenomana - experiment.

David Renaud drjazzca at gmail.com
Fri May 18 11:47:21 MDT 2012

Signing up for the test does often involve a prescreening to see if they are ready.

It is not uncommon that a candidate does not know aural tests, and we find ourselves
Teaching basic test for a 4th and 5th. Teaching 4:2 test is just a basic lesson in basic
Aural tuning as point of reference. I don't teach that this is exactly where it goes, it is
Just a point of reference, and the upper interval can or "should" be a bit faster. How much?
........there is room for style within tolerances.

    Teaching 4:2 is not teaching the test, it's teaching basic universal aural skills.They can
And are encouraged Still to make their own choices. It's teaching tuning. A wide range of
Stretch style will pass very well, if they need to be taught this, it's to give something to hold
Onto because of great inconsistencies.

Sent from my iPad