[pianotech] what woudl you do?

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Thu May 17 23:46:30 MDT 2012

Thanks to all of you who replied. Apparently I did the wrong thing by staying to finish the tuning. Next time. I'll leave and let the customer know why.

In my 38 years of tuning, I've been alone in a house with a teenager maybe 6 times, and I've never had any problems. As one person said, they are mostly interested in watching TV or talking on the phone. I've even been asked to keep an eye on an 8 or 10 year old boy when the mother took 10 minutes to pick up another kid from school.

Maybe I'm too trusting, and don't think of the consequences of what might happen. But I'll certainly keep the suggestions in mind the next time anything happens. On the hand, in the eyes of the teenager, when your older then most of their grandparents, they probably don't think I can "do" anything, anyway..

Wim