[pianotech] phenomana - experiment

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Wed May 16 13:40:40 MDT 2012

On 5/16/2012 12:09 PM, Ron Koval wrote:
> I heard back from one source that related that they do the best they
> can to assure the testing piano "lives" in the same humidity
> year-round.  It doesn't give us any info at this time about changes...

Glad to hear it. The one I tested on didn't. 6 foot Young Chang, arrived
at the hotel as I was arriving at the test. Temperature about 68 in the
hotel room, which was across the hall from an indoor swimming pool. The
room (drapes closed) had west windows. The temperature started to rise
as the afternoon went on. They asked if I wanted the air conditioner. I
was afraid that it would throw the tuning. Should probably have said
yes. It was at least 85 F by the end of the test.

Soared through, except the temperament, which I squeaked through with
many discrepancies just barely over 1 cent.

Trying experience, for me and the examiners. Glad if it's done better now.

Susan