[pianotech] phenomana - experiment.

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Wed May 16 09:51:21 MDT 2012

<grin>

You know, it seems to me that you might do better to set up the testing
by booking the committee for two successive weekends in a fairly dry
time of year, and using a humidifier in the room with the piano during
the week ... that is, if you don't worry about damage to the piano. But
it has to accommodate this much change during seasonal changes anyway.
(I don't see how you guys put up with the seasonal humidity you do!) But
if you could do the test with artificially introduced humidity, you
could have the committee come just a week later -- it seems to me that
their tuning style and physical condition might be much more similar
during the two sessions than if you waited six months.

You are planning to make digital readings of analog work, which is
already a bit of a reach, so anything you can do to reduce accidental
variables would be a good idea. Just MHO. Plus you wouldn't have to wait
six months for your results.

Susan