[pianotech] phenomana - experiment.

David Renaud drjazzca at gmail.com
Tue May 15 18:19:15 MDT 2012

> What's the "recipe"?
>
> 6:3 wound bass strings?
> 4:2 temperament and down to bass break?
> 2:1 to the top - starting where?
>
> I assume there aren't transition sections between the different octave types?

2:1 starts from c7 up to B7 for the purpose of the exam
Yes 6:3 in the bass.

As for the rest I have imput, but do want to cross reference the exam manual this evening
To be absolutly sure what I tell you is accurate.......it is not literally matching one partial in
The midrange, there is some blending. We end up a bit beyond 4:2. Bit of expansion to make the transition smoothly to the bass is normal. I will check the exact  Wording in the the guidelines so you get as precise a picture as possible.
  I'll also share the favored aural test for expansion out of the temperment into treble....
Think I'll send that privately two you fellows. Don't need to invite a great debate on how a master
Tuning should be done or not, just  need to let you know how to set up the experiment.

   I hear you about wanting a real aural tuning. That can be done also. I'm curious to tune my Stienway with the verituner and see how close it comes to the aural master tuning our team recorded on it.    Going to enjoy this.