[pianotech] Striving for the 'wow' factor

Ron Koval drwoodwind at hotmail.com
Tue May 15 09:54:05 MDT 2012

It seems I was just shouting into the forest, and no one actually heard what I was sayin'...
I'm actually suggesting to work less hard, not more!  The whole point was to partner with an ETD (in my case, the Verituner)and automate the process of targeting a 'wow' tuning.  It may take a little extra time while you develop the data and experiencehow to manipulate your particular ETD, and none seem to be as adaptive to what I'm suggesting as the Verituner at this time...
But once you have the data of what stretch fits what piano, it isn't any harder than any other ETD tuning.  New models or unusual pianos to you require checking the A's and choosing a stretch to fit - giving you more data...
The whole point being that there is a painless process in place to at least target something closer to a 'wow' tuning.
Whether or not the piano can be wrestled into submission in the time at hand is a different question!
Ron Kovalchicagoland