[pianotech] Striving for the "wow" factor...

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue May 15 09:40:22 MDT 2012

zzzzactly

 I have said it often that these pianos were an awful waste of natural resources.  In fact the joke at my Dads shop was that the rookie was the new Kimball expert!!

 Gordon said
is it really worth risking one's sanity on some truly awful specimen? (A "Grand" brand spinet comes to mind, along with some of the worst Kimballs.) So cheaply made that it severely twists with each pass of the pins???
 I'd rather save my sanity and tell the customer the piano will only sound so-so, regardless of how much of my life-force I expend on it, charge them accordingly, and offer to help them find a better one.

Dale Erwin... RPT
 Mason & Hamlin/Steinway/U.S pianos
www.Erwinspiano.com
209-577-8397