[pianotech] "wow" tuning; evolution of tuning.

David Renaud drjazzca at gmail.com
Mon May 14 09:14:11 MDT 2012

Ron

  I recently started using verituner running on iPad.

  The "tweaking" and customization of tunelab tunings  I have been speaking about to smooth out progressions, following string Scaling, and quirks in a given piano is now a whole different ball of wax.
   Verituner produces very very nice progressions of intervals compensating as required to what is actually there. The negotiation is now with the choices of weighing and blending partial mixes to achieve ideal expansion for my perception/preferences.  I am trying the mixes you have suggested on the verituner discussion group. I'm really enjoying the verituner, giving me some excellent tunings. Still tweaking styles for different size/style pianos.

     Verituner does indeed produce an aural style tuning, very accurate, very smooth, that can
Be customized.  I love the iPad format also.

       Thanks for having shared your experience with tweaking partial weights.
        Does that continue to evolve, or have you settled on what works for you best on any given piano in this regard.

                                                 Thank you
                                                 Dave Renaud

Sent from my iPad