[pianotech] crazy customer

Larry Fisher RPT larry_fisher at pdxtuner.com
Thu May 10 08:23:16 MDT 2012

Hey Paul,

These kinds of calls can create some busy and involved head traffic within us.

The key here is the comment, “the check is already made out”.  That doesn’t make the job any cheaper or easier to do.  It may save them some time but it doesn’t save you squat.  They may feel they have to try and pinch every vendor out there to get what they need at the lowest possible dollar figure no matter what it is.

Another anomaly here is people living in a motel room buying a piano.  Say what you will about suffering the total losses and the sudden shock that a tornado delivers but spending money on a luxury item  .........   while living in a motel room  .........  to ease stress or what ever  ......    They’re rationale is not properly focused which is evidenced by the various comments that were produced during the conversation.

Finding the business card in the bench and assuming that indicates that the piano was fully serviced   ............   these people are reaching hard.  You don’t need to reach along side them.

Yes indeed.  Walk away.  You don’t need the grief.  Your work won’t be good enough for them and you’ll never get your worth from them.  You have plenty of other work that pays properly and fairly for your talents.

One final note  ...........   the US has had some super tornados in recent years that have wreaked havoc on perhaps thousands of people’s lives.  I used to live in the north end of the tornado zone and every time the weather would boil up a twister my hair would stand up on my back.  They make you feel rather insignificant as the sky creates one water spout after another and the wind comes from every direction.  I still got the creeps (goose bumps) just listening to the sound coming through the speakers at the OMSI theater when they played the documentary on tornados.  For those that have suffered these losses, my heart goes out to you all.  Mr. David Vanderhoofven RPT lost his entire family, house ........   May we all see better times than what David and all the others must be going through.

Lar