[pianotech] Mystery Tool

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon May 7 08:58:36 MDT 2012

Ron asked: " I have both parts and have,
> on a few occasions used it to glue up legs, and such..<G> Hope that helps.

Almost, but not yet. Is yours the same brand? If so, what the heck is it?"

Ron,
Mine says: "Diepaca" And under that it says: "Spannwurkzeuge", which I
think means Long Clamp in German. Also, on another sticker is the
statement: "made in West Germany". That pretty much dates it too.
Hope that helps.
BTW each part has a place for a square block of steel to fit into the
vertical slot. That's what you clamp against. I made a "lathe center" sort
of thing to keep the thing from spinning when I was cutting long threads on
a dowel.
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.