[pianotech] tunelab vs verituner

Albert Picknell pnrfqsnrk at yahoo.ca
Fri May 4 19:21:24 MDT 2012

--- On Fri, 5/4/12, David Porritt <dmporritt at gmail.com> wrote:

Albert:

Trust me, the software is not deficient.  TuneLab is something that needs to be set up to match both the tuner’s taste, and the scale of the piano.  There are more ways than most to set it up though I’ve seen people have trouble understanding the concept.

TuneLab uses octave sizes that you can choose (i.e. 8:4, 6:3, 4:2...) but people who don’t understand the theory sometimes have trouble setting those.  Personally I like 3:1 12ths but TuneLab is very flexible.  I can’t imagine not being able to find an octave size that suits with the options available.

dave

David M. Porritt
dmporritt at gmail.com

Thanks David

I'll have to sit down with my colleague and see if we can look at the available options and figure out what will work best with our pianos.

Cheers,
Bert