[pianotech] tunelab vs verituner

Albert Picknell pnrfqsnrk at yahoo.ca
Fri May 4 12:59:38 MDT 2012

--- On Fri, 5/4/12, Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft <alliedpianocraft at hotmail.com> wrote:

I've been using Cybertuner (PDA) for about 8 years and keep trying the Tunelab on my iPad (I love the big screen). I can't get enough stretch with the tunelab, especially on larger Steinways. What settings do you use? Any tips would be appreciated.

Al -
High Point, NC
******

I'm glad someone else has mentioned this issue with Tunelab.  While I don't use Tunelab myself, a colleague with whom I work very closely does use it.  We work together in an institutional setting, so we hear each other's work all the time.  One thing I noticed as soon as he switched from Cybertuner to Tunelab was that much of the treble was coming out flat.  It may be a hardware issue, because he runs Tunelab on an iPhone, whereas he was running Cybertuner on a Dell PDA.  But now that someone else has mentioned this issue, I'm again wondering whether the software is somehow deficient.

Bert