[pianotech] Ivory Laws

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Thu May 3 22:51:06 MDT 2012

On 05/03/2012 09:35 PM, David Love wrote:
> The following was forwarded to me by a local tech.  Anyone aware of this and
> the implication for used pianos with ivory?
>
> David Love
> www.davidlovepianos.com
<snip>

I had a similar situation last year. A customer of mine wanted to move with her piano from MO to Florida (I think), so
see wanted me to take a look at her piano to make sure they were not ivory.

She had previously checked into it and told me that if they were ivory, they would have to be ripped off, boxed up and
transported separately from the piano - paying some sort of tariff. Once the piano was moved she could have them put
back on.

What a crock of cow dung !

Thank goodness for her sake they were an early version of ivorine.

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years