[pianotech] Gen-u-whine Steinway parts

jim at grandpianosolutions.com jim at grandpianosolutions.com
Wed May 2 06:50:36 MDT 2012

Ron wrote: "is the indistinct and rather arbitrary nature of the
available Gods"

This is the point, in my view of the "Gen-u-whine" complaint.  Human
type people will have their gods.  For better or for worse, the brain
seems to set up to do this, for whatever reason.

This gives Shamans a great advantage in sales of anything, especially
musical instruments. Very reluctantly, as I observe this tendency in my
clients and myself, I am coming to silently accept and understand when
clients assign the role of Shaman to me for performing some process that
effects their perception of their instrument.  They are actively looking
for mystique. Take the shimmering mirage from their quest for mystique,
and do so at your own peril, sales wise.

Steinway knows this full well, and plays it masterfully...for better of
for worse.

The problem for the single rebuilder/sales guys is figure out how to
play this card against real pro's whose sole job is to play this card. I
guess the first step is to accept it as a "fact on the ground".

Jim Ialeggio

--
Jim Ialeggio
jim at grandpianosolutions.com