[pianotech] Who knew that John Philip Sousa's last name was NOT Sousa ?

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Tue May 1 19:35:51 MDT 2012

 From wikipedia:

    Curiosities

In order to commercialize Sousa's European tour better spread his agent specifying, Sousa was an emigrant from the
respective guest country. The name of the acronym SO Sousa stir his suitcase in the United States on immigration. Here,
the first two letters stood for its name (eg in Germany Sigmund ox), then follow the abbreviation for the destination
country. The rumor is false though, still widely used.

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years