[pianotech] Not one of Bechstein's design triumphs....

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Thu Mar 29 19:33:45 MDT 2012

Makes total sense Del, thanks for that.

It's not as if there wasn't plenty of space available on the pinblock,
to have had half the bichord tuning pins a little further over. It would
make perfect sense if on the original pattern, they were!  Unless
someone had a theoretical bee in his bonnet about keeping the string
straight as it went through the agraffe. But having the tuning pin
further over by a millimeter would not introduce much of a bend at the
agraffe hole.

As Jurgen pointed out though, here we are in 2012 with the piano still
going (reasonably) strong. So, by no means a disater, in the end!

Best regards,

David.
www.davidboyce.co.uk