[pianotech] Not one of Bechstein's design triumphs....

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Wed Mar 28 15:38:30 MDT 2012

Is it the two rows or the fact that the strings are contacting other pins the problem?

In any case, given that this is an 1880s piano, I think it is very far advanced compared to most, and perfectly functional for 130 years, so i would not view it as a company disgrace.
If this is an example of what was wrong with Bechstein pianos in 1880, most other contemporary companies would have loved to have Bechstein's problems.

As an aside, virtually all British pianos I see, even 50 years younger, are far more stuck in the dark ages than this piano.

Jurgen Goering