[pianotech] Tonal change due to shank shape

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 21 19:50:57 MDT 2012

Less strident.

----- Original Message -----
From: Dale Erwin
To: joegarrett at earthlink.net;pianotech at ptg.org
Sent: 3/21/2012 4:59:33 PM
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Tonal change due to shank shape

Joe
  How would you describe the change/difference.

Dale Erwin RPT-
Mason & Hamlin/Steinway/U.S pianos
Pre-hung Ronsen hammer sets/Abel parts
Sitka Soundboards & Supplies
WWW.Erwinspiano.com
209-577-8397

  not fun getting that hammer off and removing/cleaning the Titebond off! I did a similar experiment regarding Hex Shanks. There is a difference between Hex Shanks and Round shanks! Hence, I've started making hex shanks round before installing in pianos designed for said Round Shanks.<G> That's my take on it, Joe Joe Garrett, R.P.T. Captain of the Tool Police Squares R I