[pianotech] string height gauge

Alan Eder reggaepass at aol.com
Wed Mar 21 15:50:57 MDT 2012

Rex,

Like many other custom made tools, it may not appear in their catalog, but I have consistently seen it for sale by Renner USA at conventions.

BTW, whether you use a string height gauge per se or one of the tape measures with windows, I find greater accuracy possible in recreating string heights on the work bench by using two of whatever you are using. That way you can set the target at one end of a section and leave your "whatever" there while setting the other end (since adjusting one end will often change the height at the other end). Clear as mud?

Alan Eder