[pianotech] Evil glue

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Mar 21 06:46:33 MDT 2012

On 3/19/2012 10:29 AM, Ed Foote wrote:

>   I have had good, fast, results by using a table saw to clean the bottom off of these things.

Sorry Ed, didn't mean to ignore you. It's slightly more problematical
than that. It's an M, tapered treble rail, and the thin paddle foot on
the bass. Point is that a responsible glue choice would have meant just
a couple of easy minutes at the bench vise with a sharp scraper to get
to clean bare wood. There are enough ways already to dedicate our lives
and sanity to inconsequentials in this business without arbitrarily
generating more.

Ron N