[pianotech] Evil glue

Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft alliedpianocraft at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 17:01:11 MDT 2012

Hot Hide Glue... Yes, the standard! Do not accept substitutes. The only glue I have ever used for hammers, key bushing and back checks.

Got a piano in with backcheck buckskin glued on with PVCE. NIGHTMARE! They came unglued and it was hell to remove the PVDE glue. I re-glue them with hot hide. In retrospect, I should have replaced the backchecks.

Al -
High Point, NC

On Mar 19, 2012, at 6:44 PM, Ron Nossaman wrote:

On 3/19/2012 5:18 PM, Leslie Bartlett wrote:
> I’ve had several people say PVCE is good for hanging hammers………… WHY not?

Because it's rubbery. You need something firm.

Now the rage seems to be trim and mold glue…………

Perhaps, and it works fine, but the standard is hot hide.

Ron N