[pianotech] Sealing the air leak on a Duo-Art takeup spool

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Sun Mar 18 19:20:51 MDT 2012

On 03/18/2012 08:13 PM, Ron Nossaman wrote:
> On 3/18/2012 7:16 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:
>> I have a customer that has a Duo-Art Grand Player that the takeup
>> spool will not stay sealed. (It keeps kicking back to reroll)
>>
>> Should I try a small leather doughnut and/or a good dose of Vaseline
>
> You should use some of your vast knowledge and experience to fully replace the leather washer stack in the spool end,
> rather than looking for a quick dodge. Fully, like when it was new. It's not that tough for an expert, and might
> actually work if you do a good careful job.
>
> Ron N

That is the reason for my question, I have not had the experience of seeing a proper setup. The one I am about to
service just has the metal on metal connection. There was no washer stack of any kind in the spool end.

Please, explain the proper leather washer stack for the spool end.

Thank you, Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years