[pianotech] Hebridean tuning trip pics

Joe Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Sun Mar 18 13:50:02 MDT 2012

Hi David,
Thanks came up this time. Enjoyed.
Joe Goss BSMusEd MMusEd RPT
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Boyce
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 12:20 PM
  Subject: Re: [pianotech] Hebridean tuning trip pics

  I'm glad you liked the photos, folks!

  The weather, as might be expected in February, was mixed!  I didn't take any pics of the town of Stornoway, as sadly it was really dull and dreary when I was there.  I would love it if they got the pianos done six-monthly and I got the chance to go back in the summer!

  Joe, not sure why it wouldn't open properly for you.  In addition to accessing the blog via its integration with my website www.davidboyce.co.uk you can go directly to http://pianopinions.tumblr.com  and I have also uploaded them to my Facebook business Page, http://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Boyce-Piano-Services/244714395593895
  and just for good measure, I have also started a Blogger blog with all the same stuff as the Tumblr one, on http://pianopinions.blogspot.co.uk/

  Ursula, you are so right about the interesting places we get to see because of our trade!  The trip did take a little planning, The ferry company offer a number of what they call "Hopscotch" tickets which allow you to catch various permutations of connecting ferries between the islands within a month, and that worked absolutely fine for me.  But I underestimated the number of nights I would need to stay. But I will know the next time!

  Best regards,

  David.

    David,

    Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures. I am surprised that nobody responded so far. You must have done some planning for the trip and the numerous tunings involved. You were rewarded with this lovely trip into the unknown, beautiful scenery. We are fortunate as piano technicians being called to areas we would have never gone to, if it were not for the piano service.

    Ursula Hammerling, RPT