[pianotech] Kazoo Contest

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 15 19:48:31 MDT 2012

William,
Yes, it is a pain. And, IMO, irresponsible financially. It used to be that we got one flyer re. the Convention. Now, we get several and are bombarded with electronic promotions as well. Attendance was just fine with only one flyer.  The economy is driving all this and hence, I think that it's being financially irresponsible to spend too much time/money/manpower on something that is out of reach for the majority of our membership. Part of the problem is that the budget hinges on the bottom line of the Convention. That, in/of itself is wrong IMO. It needs to be fixed, in some way. I don't have the answers, but I'll still be a burr under someone's saddle to, hopefully get things moving in another direction. I am not ATTACKing anyone, individually, even tho you seem ot think I am. As for "silly" I've been known to get goofy from time to time, so it's not that. Whatever it cost, to do that, it was an expense that could have been avoided with better judgement. That's the bottom line of our bottom line.
That's my take on that,
Joe