[pianotech] Player Repairs

Larry Fisher RPT larryf at pacifier.com
Mon Mar 12 20:56:03 MDT 2012

Gulbransen players can be a pain.  The ones that were totally glued together are a total treat to work on.

May you never be that desperate that you need to subject yourself to such torture.

If you’ve never worked on or rebuilt a player, it would be my sincerest desire that you never experience THAT model of Gulbransen.  If you’d like to learn how to rebuild a player, start with a Standard brand of player or some similar brand where everything comes apart by unscrewing fasteners and breaking the seal on a gasket  ..........  instead of a glue joint.

I sold all my player supplies except for the most common stuff like cloth and tubing because the materials were starting to age to the point of failing.  There’s no point in putting in new material that is already well aged.

Lar