[pianotech] Player Repairs

chip tuthill chiptuthill at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 18:44:27 MDT 2012

I have to visit a ~90 year old Gulbransen with a non working player mechanism. The owner had it "rebuilt" some 25 years ago. I have not worked on a player before, other than removing & reinstalling. The unit was working fine before the piano was stored for several years. I plan on 1) making sure the controls are set properly so if can play, 2) checking to see if the bellows are supplying air  to the transmission, 3) start checking for leaks elsewhere.

How long should I plan on replacing the bellows cloth, should it be necessary? I'll get a copy of Reblitz's book if the owner wants me to try and fix the player

Thanks,

Chip Tuthill.