[pianotech] Early Duplex Scale

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Wed Mar 7 12:26:12 MST 2012

Hmmm, so there isn't an official name for these little "chips"?  When
they are continuous (in sections), maybe we could call them "rear
bearing strips" or "rear bearing plates".  When discrete like these,
"rear bearing chips" or "rear bearing plinths"?

Foolishly  I didn't make a serious diagnosis of whether the lengths
beyond sounded a partial of the speaking length. And I agree that in the
pic where I had dusted them more carefully, they do have a reddish tinge.

Has enyone else encountered them made of wood like this?

Best regards,

David.