[pianotech] NY Times article on pianos

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Mon Jul 30 21:37:03 MDT 2012

Joe

Even in the "grand old days" of piano making, there were top of the line, middle of the road and "entry" level pianos. Most technicians, much less the general public, can't tell the difference. Unfortunately , most of those technicians who think they can fix anything, will convince a customer to spend thousands of dollars to "rebuild" one of those old clunkers only to wind up with an expensive pile of junk that might last another 10 or 20 years.

Only on rare occasions is it worth rebuilding an old piano. But for the most part, money is better spent on a new, or slightly used, piano, even some that are made in Asia.

Wim

Sent from my iPhone