[pianotech] Ny Times article on pianos

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 18:12:43 MDT 2012

I'd like to add, Doug, that I've had amazing results in cosmetic improvement of old pianos by simply (thoroughly) scrubbing the cases with 4/0 steel wool and naptha and paper towels (removes a lot of dirt and darkness) and then wpining on a coat of oil stain thinly (fills scratches and worn areas), letting it dry very well, and spraying on some Deft(TM). What do you do to clean the old finish prior to the French polishing?