[pianotech] NY times article on Pianos

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Mon Jul 30 12:12:47 MDT 2012

A sad, but, unfortunately, very true story. I just tuned an 1895 Baldwin R, which had very rusty strings and a very worn out action. The case had been refinished about 30 years, when it was also restrung. But it is located next to a mountain range, where it rains about 200 a year. He wants to keep the piano, but when I told him how much it would cost to do the work, he had second thoughts. 20 years ago it would be a no-brainer, but today it's just not worth it anymore.

Wim