[pianotech] WNG Damper Action Installation Tool Kit

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Fri Jul 27 10:26:02 MDT 2012

I'm looking forward to the installation of my first Wessell, Nickel, and
Gross back action shortly.  It looks like a really nicely thought out set of
parts.

I've done a number of back actions before, so I am not without experience.
I am interested in possibly purchasing the WNG Damper Action Installation
Tool kit.  Does anyone out there own and use this kit?  I would love to hear
what your reactions are.

I am a little gun-shy about going ahead and just buying the tool.  I
purchased their back check and hammer kit a couple of years ago, used it
once, and parked it on the shelf.  I had to modify several of the jigs to
even be able to use them the first time, and the tools simply were not as
accurate and consistent as they needed to be.  I've never paid $500 for a
tool that I used once and retired.  That's a big ouch, so I do not want to
do it again.

Will Truitt