[pianotech] balance hole jig

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Jul 26 08:44:52 MDT 2012

On 7/25/2012 6:31 PM, jim at grandpianosolutions.com wrote:

> Worked a treat...no boo boos by design.

Jim, I have a question. Those sure appear to me to be new shoes. Are
they? If so, what were they indexed to, with all the holes within the
span of the shoe? Making it long enough that the index pins are beyond
the span of the shoe would let you locate a center pin hole in a new
shoe too, as when de-accelerating actions to stiffen keys, eliminating
the half dowel in favor of a deeper key.

Ron N