[pianotech] My first Wegman

Ron Koval drwoodwind at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 25 16:40:20 MDT 2012

I used to see one of those at a dance studio - one of the most stable and easy to tune big old uprights I'd seen in a long time!  It responded great to the lever technique that you may have seen me use - right handed, with the lever pointing around 10 o'clock, fingers on the top of the piano.  With a squeezing motion, the pin is lifted out of the pocket, and then easily shifted back down to pitch and locked in place.

Wish they were all that easy!

Ron Koval