[pianotech] my first Wegman

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 25 14:03:13 MDT 2012

Jim Moy said: "There were broken strings, and a few more broke while tuning
despite not
overpulling, protek'ing the bearing points, and dropping pitch to break
binding. So I will be going back to repair a total of a dozen of them.
(Maybe more after fine tuning.) The condition is fair, and the owner was
alright with all my caveats, he just wants it playable"

Jim,
Obvioiusly you did not read or believe the"Tuners-Please-Read-This" note!
Do not lubricate those pins ...for any reason! DAMHIK. since you already
have I would suggest you clean it off with alcohol a much as is possible. A
standard tuning hammer is advised. The breaking strings are probably due to
substandard piano wire supplier at the time of the manufacturing. I suspect
that the piano will never be suitable, but I say, have fun.<G>
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police