[pianotech] Stuck solenoid

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Wed Jul 25 08:02:34 MDT 2012

I've also found another cause: the rubber tip binding against the bottom of
the key. This problem crops up when the bottom of the key is at an angle, or
the plunger is not 90 degrees to the bottom of key. As the plunger comes up,
the angle becomes more acute, the rubber tip locks in place and won't slide
back to rest position. I've applied thin CA glue to bottom of key, sand with
400 grit paper to make bottom of key glossy smooth, then apply judicious
amount of lube.

Dean

Dean W May                (812) 235-5272 voice and text

PianoRebuilders.com    (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802

  _____