[pianotech] Conventions

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Wed Jul 25 06:00:06 MDT 2012

> we can't stand it when people are different than
> us, or they don't tow the line.

Dean, I think you mean "different from", not "different than". This one
differs FROM that one; it doesn't differ THAN that one. Similar TO,
different FROM.

And I think you mean TOE the line, not TOW it.  To stand in an orderly
obedient manner with the rest of the crew before the captain of the Navy
ship, barefoot on deck with toes lined up at a seam on the deck.

You should be banned for these errors. And I should be banned for my
pettifogging nit-picking nonsense.....

Cordially,

David.
www.davidboyce.co.uk