[pianotech] Dampp Chaser tank

Larry Fisher RPT larry_fisher at pdxtuner.com
Sat Jul 21 18:21:01 MDT 2012

It’s obviously the older style because it’s too wide.  I’ve looked at the images in the Schaff catalogue and I see the Universal Tank is taller and slimmer.  I’m hoping to purchase just the tank and some pads to complete the transfer.  Would anyone care to measure the width of this tank so I can see if it fits??  Schaff has it for $28 and an online supplier I stumbled into had them for $8.  That’s quite a difference.

> I?m moving an existing grand complete DC system to a Yamaha console.
> The tank is to large to fit to the right of the pedals ........ or
> anywhere else for that matter. Is there a narrow tank available for such
> installations and if so, anyone have one laying around?? (just the tank)

What John said. The old grand tanks often won't fit an upright - buy a
universal tank, or, if it would solve the problem, buy a couple of the
Y-brackets used for a suspended installation, drill two holes in each end
to match the hangar holes, assemble and hang.

William R. Monroe