[pianotech] Schumann Piano Manufacturer

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jul 19 16:22:46 MDT 2012

Hello all.....  I may need to replace a damper lift tray/rail on a Schumann G-84 piano. The piano looks to be maybe 20 years old or so and is obviously of Asian origin. My Pierce Atlas indicates that Schumann's were manufactured by Samick. This piano is serial number #8702384. Samick serial numbers go just over one million in 1988, but then in 1989 they go to the four-numeral - four-digit form.

I need to contact Samick to determine availability and price for the damper lift tray - but I can see that there will likely be much confusion regarding the serial number. Is there anyone out there that might be more familiar with these pianos that might be able to advise me here?

Thanks!!

Terry Farrell