[pianotech] Yuja Wang plays the Flight of the Bumble-Bee

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Mon Jul 9 14:30:03 MDT 2012

Wow, that's no Bumble-Bee, that's an angry swarm!  I wonder whose
arrangement it is.

Reminds me of the story about the guy who worked in Radio and got a
continuity announcer slot on the classical channel. Looking at the
week's playlist, he was worried about pronouncing the composer's name
for Friday's lunchtime playing of the Flight of the Bumble Bee, by
Nikolai Rimsksy-Korsakoff.

He practiced all week; Nicolai Rimsky-Korsakoff, Nicolai
Rimsky-Korsakoff, until he was confident.  So, on Friday he annopunced
"And now, the Bum of the Flightle Bee, by  Nicolai Rimsky-Korsakoff".

Best regards,

David.
www.davidboyce.co.uk